Monday, August 04, 2003

It's been nearly a month since my last post. Here's a quick summary of what I've been up to:
  • Working way too much as we prepared for a major rollout of new hardware for our database servers and the first rollout of a part of our site in our new Java framework.

    This was all happening as I was...

  • Preparing our house for some major remodeling. This preparation included packing up the entire contents of our kitchen, dining room, and coat closet, moving these contents to various places (e.g. storage area, adjacent rooms on the same floor, non-adjacent rooms on different floors, the (detached) garage), and moving some of the bigger things that we wanted to save (like moving the refrigerator to the basement).

    This had to be done in a speedy fashion because I was also...

  • Preparing to go on vacation in Spring Lake, NJ. See the archive from this time last year for links about this lovely beach-side town. We've been here about a week now and I'll be here for another week.
In the meantime... shortly before I left town, I heard a truly hysterical bit on an episode of "Prairie Home Companion". This page is the run down of the full show. The funny bit I heard is the Bassoon Orchestra script (RealAudio link). I can't vouch for the rest of the show.

No comments: