Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Here's a brief example of how my mind wanders...

I received a weekly email from O'Reilly with short blurbs about new content on their site including a link to a story about an Old School unix adventure game... which reminded my of the Infocom "interactive fiction" games I used to play on my Commodore 64.

A quick google search later and I've found a site about interactive fiction games for the Palm platform, including winning entries from the annual interactive fiction competition. Another google search found a site for downloading actual Infocom game files, along with links to executables for playing these games on Win32, java, linux, and palm platforms. (Disclaimer: I'm not sure of the legal status of these games.)

This is certainly more than I needed to know. I don't have much free time as it is.

No comments: