Down at the bottom of the main window it says: "1326 songs, 3.4 days, 4.36 GB" and yes, I own the CDs for all of these (or at least 1300 of them).
There's a "Party Shuffle" option. I've done no extra configuration on this, so it's shuffling through all my music. This produces interesting musical transitions such as this sequence:
- A track from Mozart's Don Giovanni
- "Born Under Punches" from the Talking Heads' Remain in Light
- "Black and Blue" from Lyle Lovett's Pontiac
- The opening number from Stephen Sondheim's Into the Woods
- "Roxanne'97-Puff Daddy Remix" from Sting's album 1997 - The Best Of Sting & The Police
- "Purple Toupee" from They Might Be Giants' Lincoln (what kind of geek would I be without TMBG in my library?)
- Variation 9 from Glenn Gould's recording of Bach's Goldberg Variations
I don't use the iTunes music store and I don't have an iPod to sync this with. It's just a nice way to play music through my computer (and through my new noise-cancelling headphones).