Friday, June 22, 2001

While driving last Friday, I heard a teaser for the next show of Fresh Air which would discuss the trouble with airline travel today and the prospects for a better system in the future. So, with a fast internet connection and the ability to listen to talk radio and code at the same time, I listened to the interview (real audio) earlier this week. The promo on the Fresh Air site says "In [journalist James Fallows'] new book Free Flight: From Airline Hell to a New Age of Travel he looks into the technological innovations which will change airline travel. For instance, smaller jet planes will ferry passengers from local airports, bypassing the crowded international airports."

The interview was interesting... I'm reading an excerpt of the book now (published in The Atlantic Monthly but not available online). It may lead to me buying the book and eventually learning to fly sometime after my last kid finishes college. Or maybe I'll start a mini-airline with the small jets he describes.

No comments: